When you are dealing with hemorrhoids, even a mild case, you will also be dealing with pain. While it is true that most mild cases of hemorrhoids will disappear on their own in a few weeks, you will want to have a few ideas to treat hem pain up your sleeve, just in case. Some good ideas include:
- Take aspirin. Not only does aspirin help treat the pain, it also thins the blood, which can help prevent or treat hemorrhoids. Avoid aspirin if you are suffering from bleeding hemorrhoids though, as they may bleed more with aspirin in your blood!
- For more severe pain, Ibuprofen can be an effective method to treat pain. This is usually available over the counter, or speak to your pharmacist for other ideas on treating your pain.
- Apply a thin layer of petroleum jelly to the affected area. This helps to keep the skin supple, and avoid the problem getting worse.
- Using a proven hemorrhoid treatment, like witch hazel or Preparation H, to shrink and treat hemorrhoids can also be very effective in helping to treat hem pain.
- Heat and cold are usually very effective in the process to treat hemorrhoid pain. Try taking a hot bath in hot water with salts added, or use an ice pack wrapped in a towel or a damp washcloth to help alleviate pain by applying it directly to the area.
As you can see, there are several options available to help treat this pain. Also important to remember is to make sure that your stools remain soft, which means you need to eat more fiber, drink more water, and get some exercise. With all of these actions, you should soon see that your pain disappears.